Manly Palmer Hall (March 18, 1901 – August 29, 1990) was a Canadian-born author and mystic. He is perhaps most famous for his work The Secret Teachings of All Ages: An Encyclopedic Outline of Masonic, Hermetic, Qabbalistic and Rosicrucian Symbolical Philosophy, which is widely regarded as his magnum opus, and which he published at the age of 25 (or 27, 1928)
He has been widely recognized as a leading scholar in the fields of religion, mythology, mysticism, and the occult.
Carl Jung, when writing Psychology and Alchemy, borrowed material from Hall’s private collection.
In 1934, Hall founded the Philosophical Research Society (PRS) in Los Angeles, California, dedicating it to an idealistic approach to the solution of human problems. The PRS claims to be non-sectarian and entirely free from educational, political, or ecclesiastical control, and the Society’s programs stress the need for the integration of philosophy, religion, and science into one system of instruction. The PRS Library, a public facility devoted to source materials in obscure fields, has many rare and scarce items now impossible to obtain elsewhere.
In 1973 (47 years after writing The Secret Teachings of All Ages), Hall was recognized as a 33Âº Mason (the highest honor conferred by the Supreme Council of the Scottish Rite), at a ceremony held at PRS on December 8th, despite never being initiated into the physical craft.
In his over 70-year career, Hall delivered approximately 8,000 lectures in the United States and abroad, authored over 150 books and essays, and wrote countless magazine articles.
- The Solar Christmas
- Astrotheology Part 1 of 5 – Zodiac and The Great Platonic Year
- Astrotheology Part 2 of 5 – Astrology and the Universal Cosmology
- Astrotheology Part 3 of 5 – Planets and The Ancient Gods
- Astrotheology Part 4 of 5 – Great Solar Symbol of The Messiah
- Astrotheology Part 5 of 5 – The Human Soul and Astrological Cycles
- Jacob’s Ladder That Leads To The Stars
- The Secret Teachings of All Ages
- The Lost Keys of Freemasonry
- The Case of the Flying Saucers
- Rosicrucian and Masonic Origins
- Ceremonial Magick and Sorcery
- The Elements and Their Inhabitants
- The Devolution and Evolution of Astrology
- Mystic Christianity
- Discussion Forums